Monday, September 21, 2015

Mindless


Sunday afternoon began with a broken lawn tractor belt, which resulted in quick trip into town, which isn't so quick when you live in the country.  It actually takes around 45 minutes round-trip.  Anyway, the broken belt led to a stop at Tractor Supply for a new belt, which led to me drooling over all the fruit trees they had for sale out front, and the next thing you know I was buying a pear tree.  And also a pair of gloves, and of course the replacement belt.


So I bought a sort of sad looking, tad bit stressed Kieffer Pear tree, and I'm hoping it makes it through the winter.  I might even go back and get an apple tree.  Thankfully, the tree is self pollinating. Which I didn't bother to even think about until I got it home.  I can be so mindless sometimes. But sometimes its good to stare off into the clouds...


Later in the day, I decided to put all three pigs together.  I was worried at first that Penny might harm the two little dudes, but she was thrilled to have new friends!  Let's hope she doesn't grow tired of them. 


Speaking of mindless, I agreed to adopt two pot-bellied sister pigs from a farmer friend.  What the hell was I thinking?  So now I'll have two more "lawn ornaments" to keep the goat company sometime soon.  I need names!  Any one have suggestions for two potbelly girls?  ~A


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1