Friday, September 18, 2015

Home

When I arrive home in the evening after a one-hour commute from the city, I grab a glass of wine and shuffle out to the barn for the evening feeding routine.  This is the best part of my day, knowing I don't have to rush. 


The dogs (and goat) like this part of the day better too.  More time to romp while I run around tending to all the animals.



I take time to go on my daily "Easter Egg Hunt' gathering up eggs from the quail and the chickens, and to soak up the sights, sounds and smells of the barn.


And it's not about the smell of animal poop - mind you.  Have you ever stood in a hay loft full of fresh cut hay and taken a deep breath?  Its a small piece of intoxicating heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1