Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Planting Garlic

This past weekend was nice, but wet.  I couldn't let the weather get in my way of planting garlic.  I planted it the first week of November last year, and decided to give it shot again this year.  Only this year I planted a lot more. Ninety cloves to be exact.  I’m even contemplating planting two more rows this coming weekend.  Why not?  Garlic rocks!

Aside from only one head of elephant garlic (experimenting here!), don’t ask me what the other variety was.  I bought it from a local farmer’s market and decided it tasted fabulous, so that's what I planted!  I don’t know if it is hard neck or soft neck variety, but I’ll know come spring!  Aside from the garlic, the garden has officially been "put to bed" for the winter.

Forgive the horrid photography.  The time change threw me off and I didn’t get to planting until the sun was setting. 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1