Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Weekend

The week started off a little weird. Sometimes I think getting up before the sun has its drawbacks. When I came back into the house on Saturday morning from doing barn chores, and the sun was finally up and shining, I removed my boots and discovered my mistake.  Don't judge.  Its really dark that early in the morning.


Things improved from there, thankfully.  I headed off to the feed mill and ordered some hay and grain, which was to be delivered on Tuesday. Later on that afternoon the weather was good enough to hop on two of the horses for a little training and exercise. 


Both horses behaved well, and of course goat and dog joined in the fun.


On Sunday, my brother, sister-in-law, niece and Dad came over for Easter.  I kept it simple.  We had ham and potatoes au-gratin.  For dessert we had the Coconut / Egg Pie I mentioned in a previous post.  Dad and Brother both brought their dogs, so there were a total of four happy chaotic dogs (including mine) in the house. 

Out in the barn, my little niece discovered the month old chicks, and had a good time inspecting all of them.  Later, we went for a walk and my brother demonstrated how his Lab was learning to flush out pheasant. 



Oh, and I discovered we have bats in the barn loft! Bats are good to have around the farm. They control insects.  I highly reccomend putting up a bat house or two if you'd like to acctract some where you live.  I don't reccomend handling them, however.  They're wild animals and they bite.  I'm stupid, don't be stupid.


That was pretty much it for Easter weekend.  Nice and relaxing, the way it should be. I hope yours was too.







Google +1