Monday, February 9, 2015

Chaos is coming...

No pictures today, except this one I found.  Because it gives me hope that winter is on its way out eventually.

This is the time of the year when I can hardly stand one more cold, icy day of winter.  Things are quiet at the moment on the farm, but an email I received this morning from My Pet Chicken let me know my baby chicks shipped today and will arrive anytime between Tuesday and Thursday, so long as all goes well.  I honestly can't even remember how many I ordered.  I've been too distracted with other things.  I do know that I ordered Black Copper Marans and Barred Rocks. 

It's mid February.  Spring is just over a month away, and daylight saving time is near (my favorite).  The horses will be taken off the pasture now and only turned out in the round pen, or if the ground is really frozen, then out to the pasture on those days.  The pasture needs time to recover, and then can be used again starting around the third week of May.

The goat is showing no signs of getting ready to give birth, and honestly at this point I hope she isn't pregnant.  It's too cold for babies right now. 

Two new little piglets have been paid for, and will have to be picked up in the next few weeks.  They'll be easy at first, but when they reach about 100-150 lbs. things start to get tricky.  Then all they want to do is eat and let you know they are hungry. One will be sold for sure, the other will be butchered for Christmas presents for family. 

Things are about to speed up on the farm.  Have a wonderful day ~A

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1