Monday, December 29, 2014

Little Suprises along the Way

It was supposed to be a quiet, uneventful two days on the farm this past weekend. But then Saturday afternoon arrived. 

What started out as the ordinary, weekly trip down the road to the feed mill was about to end up anything but.   I walked into the shop and placed my grain order. Then, an old Amish man drinking coffee and sitting in the corner began to make small talk about the cage full of bunnies at his feet, which he was trying to sell for a neighbor.  I inspected all the bunnies, gave them all a pet, and told him how nice looking they all were, but explained that I had my own "bunny farm" of sorts going on since I raise my own to eat.  I clearly didn't need any bunnies.

Then he asked if I might be interested in a puppy.  Sucker that I am I had to ask what kind, which led to driving over to his farm next door.  Within ten minutes I was leaving Mr. Andy Miller's barn with a new puppy in my arms.  I brought her home and promptly gave her two baths and a good spray of perfume.
 
 
And now I have a Jack Russell-Spitz puppy, a little girl, yet to be named...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1