Friday, January 3, 2014

How cold is it?

It's ten degrees out as I write this post...
 


Not that I'm complaining. This coming Tuesday they're predicting a high of -2 degrees.  And the overnight temp for Monday is supposed to be around -13.  Negative 13 degrees...  It definitely sounds negative to me! The water pump in the barn has to be thawed out every morning.  Ice has to be removed from the water buckets. This has been the routine for about two weeks now. To add to the misery, the wood pile is beginning to run low.  If my estimations are correct, and it stays this damn cold, we should run out by mid February.  Note to Self for next year - stock more wood.


My main goal for this weekend is to get the two heat lamps hooked back up in the barn's aisle-way, which will keep the barn above freezing (and the animals), the water pump running freely, and as a bonus, prompt the chickens to start laying more frequently.


Even though it's colder than $#!T! I prefer, I still manage to find a little beauty in it all during my drive to work in the mornings.




Stay warm my firends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1