Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Curing Cabin Fever


I think I have cabin fever.  I'm sure I have cabin fever.

Last night I was dreaming of a fresh warm tomato, picked straight from the vine ( I could smell it!), sliced and layered with fresh mozzarella, slivered fragrant basil leaves, and lightly drizzled in fruity virgin olive oil...

And then I woke up and had to pee...

It isn't even Christmas yet, and I find myself counting down days.  Not days until Christmas mind you, because that day in fact I absolutely cannot wait for to be over with and done.  Really. I could care less for the holiday. Am I related to the Grinch?  Perhaps...

No! I am counting down days for things like New Year's Day (14 days away), when I can start a fresh new year, reflect back on the old year, and move forward!  I'm counting down the days until Groundhog Day (46 days), when I know that right about that time I will be so entirely sick of the snow, ice and cold, that I am positive I can take no more. 

I'm counting down to the Spring Equinox (92 days), when I know that spring bulbs will soon be making their appearance.  And mostly, I am counting down to the middle of July (208 days), when I know I will be harvesting garlic, and the garden will be bursting with life! And real tomatoes...

How do YOU cure cabin fever?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1