Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Meat Rabbits

I haven't written a post since Friday, due to a death in the family, which required time away for a funeral. The weekend was uneventful anyway, aside from butchering two of the last four "franken-chickens," and adding rabbits to the list of Mon Abri Farm residents. 
 
I'm not the kind of person who finds "bunnies" cute, or even cuddly. Just tasty! We swapped a few dozen eggs for a doe and her three young kits.  Bartering at its best... Although I know nothing on how to sex a rabbit (yet), I'm told two of the kits are male, and one is female.  I'm also told four rabbits should be plenty to produce a small and steady supply of rabbit meat in the near future. We'll see. For a interesting source of information on rabbits you might start here, at CrossRoads Rabbitry.
 
"Momma Bunny"
 
"The Kits"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1