Friday, June 7, 2013

Racing Season

I'm behind on my posting.  This is due to a big change in my schedule in order to accommodate the Thoroughbred Horse racing season.  Mon Abri Farm currently has a handful of racehorses under its ownership.  Two are in Indiana racing, and then there is my horse here in Ohio.  Being a jockey and owner, I now must rise every morning at 4:00 a.m., in order to feed all of the animals on the farm, and then drive forty minutes to the racetrack to care for, train and exercise my racehorse. After that, I head off to my office job and work until 5:30 p.m.  I'm still adjusting to my lack of sleep, and the super-organized person I have to be right now in order to juggle a farm, an office job, a rental property, and a jockey/trainer/owner gig on the side.  But for the love of it all, carry on I will damn it!  The racing season ends in November; we'll see how long I hold up...

This is Nigel.  Let's hope he stays sound and makes a little money for the farm this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment or just say hello!

Google +1